Church of Our Lady of Grace


Church of Our Lady of Grace
The small church was built outside the walls of the medieval village. Built in the late 16th century - suggested by the style of arched entrance reminiscent of the one in the church of San Rocco in Sulmona - it has a rectangular floor plan with a single hall. In 1729 the Bishop of Sulmona Matteo Odierna ordered the closure of the central entrance with an iron gate; the two side arches were...

Church of Our Lady of Loreto


Church of Our Lady of Loreto
We do not know the exact year of construction of this church but it probably goes back to the end of the 16th century. The current paginated facade, and the floor plan of the building however, denote a restructuring of the building presumably attributable to the first half of the 19th century. We are also certain that at one time, beside the church, there was a gateway to the village called the...

Church of SS. Concezione - Convent of the Minori Osservanti Borthers


Church of SS. Concezione - Convent of the Minori Osservanti Borthers
The church, located outside the walls of the village, is adjacent and connected to the Convent of the Minori. The Baroque building has a single nave covered with a barrel vault.  The side walls, punctuated by pilasters and arches, together with the side altars in baroque stucco, frame the main altar with the wooden choir behind. Above there is a dominant, majestic painting dedicated to the...

Church of St. Filippo Neri


Church of St. Filippo Neri
The church, which was built in the 17th century, is located within the Hamlets of Antera and that of Madonna delle Grazie.  It has, over the centuries, been subjected to various restorations and today appears in its 19th century appearance. It was donated in perpetuity to the SS. Rosario Confraternity  on January 17, 1760 - according to an act by the notary T. Melchiorre - which was...

Church of San Marcello Papa


Church of San Marcello Papa
The church of San Marcello is the oldest in the village of Pacentro.  Built in 1047 by Adalberto - a monk from Casauria - in honour of Pope Marcello I, it was subsequently restored by Bishop Berardo of Forcone following a fire in 1166. For a long time it was the parish church of the village and was used as a burial place until at least 1743.  Like many other churches in Pacentro, San Marcello...

Church of Santa Maria della Misericordia


Church of Santa Maria della Misericordia
The construction of the parish church of S. Maria Maggiore, located in Piazza del Popolo, is attributable to the 15th century. As was customary, the building was constructed starting from the apse and then, later, the facade and its architectural and decorative features were added and completed in 1603, when the Episcopal Synod of Valva was held here. Then between the 17th and 18th centuries,...

Madonna Degli Angeli's Church


Madonna Degli Angeli's Church
Ai piedi del Castello è presente una piccola chiesa chiamata "Madonna Degli angeli" che è di epoca successiva all'antico maniero.

Church of S. Maria dei Monti


Church of S. Maria dei Monti
The small church of S. Maria dei Monti was built in 1616 for Alessandro and Cesare Jacobucci. According to a 17th century parchment document preserved by the S. Carlo Borromeo confraternity in the S. Marcello church, during the 17th and 18th century it was also the headquarters of this brotherhood. The entrance of the church is reached via a small un-paved, open courtyard which is situated in...

San Marco's church


San Marco's church
La Chiesa San Marco fu spostata all'inizio del XX sec. dal colle San Marco nell'attuale Piazza Jaringhi, edificata nel XVIII. Chiesa tipicamente settecentesca. Oggi chiusa a culto tranne nel giorno della festa della Madonna.